What's the job?
You'll be invoicing us for casual work taking out one of our beautiful vintage photobooths.
It's largely Fri-Sun. Afternoons to late nights.
You'll mainly be going to weddings, but also corporate events, birthday parties etc. You'll collect one of our vans in Nottingham, drive to the booking, unload and build the photobooth, ensure it runs smoothly, deal with queries from the guests and at the end pack down, re-pack the van and drive it back to us.
Our bookings are generally seasonal - we're at our busiest between March and October, and again in December. But we do have bookings all year round.
Reliability is key. Key key key. That really is our main requirement in many ways. A no-show on someone's wedding day = a hells-no.
Our reputation is everything.
What does it pay?
For local jobs (<60 mile round trip), we ask you to invoice us £145.
For bookings further afield, invoice us that plus a travel component of 25p/mile.
For example, Notts/Derby/Leics would be; £145.
For C. London; £190 (£145 + £50).
If you have your own van you would prefer to use we will pay mileage as invoiced by you.
What skills will you need?
You'll need to be reasonably fit to carry the kit. It's not super heavy but heavy enough to require two handed lifts.
You'll be setting up a camera, printer, lighting and a computer. Having experience of Macs will therefore help. A familiarity with cameras and studio lighting would certainly be a bonus, but we can teach what you will need if not.
The role would also suit a couple - which certainly makes light work of the lifting. (Being a couple not necessarily a 'skill'..)
Our Equality Policy
It doesn't matter to us one jot what age, gender, race, sexual orientation you are, whether you have a religion or none, or whether you are differently-abled to the next applicant; please apply.
In the interests of full disclosure;
1. One essential aspect of the work entails moving some heavy kit, and the booth is about 6' 6" tall, and needs putting together. It therefore does entail some physical exertion. Secondly, you'll need to be able to build and operate the equipment in low-light situations. Provided you're able to do this, we want to hear from you.
2. At the events there will more often than not be people having a great time - with the aid of alcohol. Sometimes it can feel like you're the only sober person in the room, which can take a bit of getting used to. If though you're going to have more serious issues working around alcohol, be it cultural or otherwise - this may not be a sensible role to take on. Sober events are rare in this line of work.
3. We love all weddings. What we love most of ALL is that every person is free to marry the one they love. We believe equal marriage is a brilliant and beautiful thing, and as a representative of Vintagebooth you will be at celebrations of guys marrying guys and women marrying women. We share that jubilation; if you don't, this may not be the right application for you to make. We're justly proud of our reputation for being a forward thinking company who celebrate diversity and we want our people to embody that too.
You will need:
- To be reliable.
- To be self-employed. You'll be invoicing us for each job.
- Have a full, clean driving licence. Manual transmission.
- To be a confident driver.
- To be super reliable.
- A basic familiarity with cameras.
- To carry some reasonably heavy equipment, though we make all efforts to make things as easy as possible.
- To be grade-A reliable.
- To be happy + jovial dealing with the public. Part of the party, but not overstepping the line.
- Calm under pressure. If the printer jams and you have 40 merry people offering their 'opinions' on what to do and how to fix it, you need to be able to calmly take control of the situation, following your training to fix the problem.
All the while with the DJ booming away. Not a panicker...
- To enjoy the party. We're bringing the fun remember?
- TO BE RELIABLE. It's no accident we mention this over and over. Weddings are events that are so important, and unrepeatable, that getting the booth there is an absolute must.
Why are you hiring?
We're expanding, building more booths and we want a larger pool of people trained to take them out. People can't get enough!
We'd love to hear from you. We don't really mind how - either fill in the form below or simply drop us an email.
Either way we're people-focussed so don't hold back on telling us about yourself, what you do, what you love. There are no wrong answers!
DEADLINE 18 MARCH 2016